Video poker machines are very popular at online casinos. Despite the superficial resemblance to regular slots, they offer a completely different gameplay based on both luck and strategy. Therefore, before playing for real money, you should learn the best video poker strategy. Many VP machines use the rules of the standard 5-card draw poker, including the hierarchy of poker hands. This means that instead of fruit symbols and stars, you will see playing card symbols – and your task is to make a poker hands using several available options – hold and draw again. Once a player manages to land a winning combination, the size of the payout depends on two things – the value of the poker hand and the size of the bet. So, when playing VP games, you will need the knowledge that we share in this post.
Video Poker Strategy – How to Win Big at Poker Machines
We hasten to disappoint that there is no casino video poker strategy that gives 100% results. However, there are some rules that you can follow to increase your chances of success:
- Make sure you study the rules of the poker game thoroughly, as any mistake can lead to disastrous results.
- Opt for Jacks or Better, a low volatility poker game that offers the best winning odds (although it is inferior to some other poker options in terms of maximum payout ratio).
- Learn the basic video poker strategy using special schemes that the Internet is literally teeming with.
- Adhere to sound bankroll management rules to avoid unnecessary losses.
- Play progressive jackpot poker machines by placing wagers of max size – however, limit your gaming sessions.
You can find a wealth of helpful video poker strategy literature including guides from professional poker players. In addition, there are video tutorials that will help you improve your skill.
Improve Your Game with Poker Trainers
While we recommend online poker guides, some self-proclaimed poker pros have launched their own poker training programs – however, do they really deserve your money? Fortunately, there are several alternatives that you can use for training without any investment:
- Playing video poker machines at online casinos in ‘for fun’ mode. Although these options are available free of charge, they do not contain training material, so they are only suitable for testing the acquired knowledge in practice.
- Poker apps. Offering the ability to play popular versions of poker for free, they also offer freerolls – shareware tournaments with small prize pools.
- Poker trainers. These online services and mobile apps have been designed specifically for you to improve your skills and learn video poker strategy within a convenient format.
So, if you enjoy online gambling and prefer options that combine luck and skill, then video poker is the best option for you. Thanks to a huge number of tutorials and online poker trainers, you will quickly master the basic rules of the game and learn a video poker strategy with which you will achieve maximum gaming results.